Avintia Ducati MotoGP rider Hector Barbera will miss this week's final pre-season test.
Barbera crashed on a training bike at Valencia last week, breaking his left collarbone, and underwent surgery in Barcelona on Thursday.
While he was initially rated by the team as "in doubt" for the Qatar test on March 10-12, he has now been ruled out.
The 30-year-old, who will race a 2016 Ducati this season, says he will be fit for the first grand prix at the Losail circuit a fortnight later.
"This injury came in the worst moment for us, and I won't be able to attend to the next test in Qatar," he said, as Avintia launched its 2017 livery.
"It makes no sense to risk before the first race and the best decision is to stay at home and work hard to be completely fit for the first race.
"To be honest, after all the issues we had during the first two tests this injury was a big problem for us, but we have to be positive, because I'll be totally fit when the championship starts."